Yesterday I gotten my first Berryz Koubou album, I wasn’t sure on which one to get but in the end I gotten their most recent one titled “Berryz Mansion 9kai” which was released on January 30th 2013. Today I finally got to listen to it and I wasn’t originally going to do an album review for it but it impressed me a lot so I’ve decided to do one anyways, plus it gives me something to do on this rainy day.
01. Succha ka Meccha ka~ – This album starts off with Succha ka Meccha ka which is a really energetic and extremely fun song. I’ve only actually heard it for the first time sometime during this year when they sang it live on the Girls Live (I think). I’ve come to really love this song, I just want to listen to it more and more so I can learn the lyrics and sing along with them.
02. WANT! – The next song is WANT. I’ve always really liked WANT back from when it first came out. I can’t really say that I listen to it often but I still really enjoy when it gets sung during lives and concerts. It’s a really cool and mature sounding song that’s also really easy to sing along with since I find it has some simple lyrics.
03. Otoko Mae (Tsugunaga Momoko & Kumai Yurina) – I wasn’t really sure on what to expect with a song just by Yurina and Momoko since the two aren’t really most favorites in Berryz Koubou, but it turns out that this song sounds really awesome and they sing it so well. I was surprised that I ended up really like this song. It’s really cool and catchy and with only a few listens I’m already singing along with the whispers in the song. I don’t find Yurina to be the best vocalist but I must admit she does sound pretty good in this song.
04. Nandakanda de Ii Kanji! (Tokunaga Chinami & Sudo Maasa) – When this was starting it sounded familiar like I heard it before but this was my first time ever listening to this song, but I realized that they play a part of this song during Hello Station when they transition into a new clip. With that though the rest sounded familiar as well but I can’t recall where I could of heard it from. Besides that though it’s still a pretty fun song even though Chinami and Maasa don’t really have the best vocals out there they still sound cute and fun.
05. Koi Itoshiki Kisetsu (Shimizu Saki & Natsuyaki Miyabi & Sugaya Risako) – I was a bit excited to hear this song since it was by top three Berryz Koubou members and the song did not disappoint me at all. It has a bit of an old school cool sound to it, the best compassing I could do to help explain is that it kinda reminds me of the sound Morning Musume’s “Do It! Now” has. The instrumental is really awesome and the girls sound really great in this song.
06. Be Genki <Naseba Naru!> – Now I’m not really the hugest fan of Be Genki <Naseba Naru!> but it does flow well after Koi Itoshiki Kisetsu. Be Genki is a pretty fun, cheerful and silly song I must admit and give credit for and I do catch myself singing along and trying to remember the dance for it. I have a weird relation with this single and that’s sometimes a bit difficult to explain, like I don’t like this but yet I kinda do at times.
07. Massugu na Watashi – After Be Genki we have Massugu na Watashi which surprising flows well after the energetic, since song with this more slow paced and ballad-like. I never really heard any Berryz Koubou ballads before but this is one is really nice to listen to. Chinami’s vocals might be a little to high off pitched for me but the rest of this song is pretty much gold.
08. cha cha SING – The next song is a song we all know and love, cha cha SING. Cha cha SING has always been one of my favorite Berryz Koubou singles, it’s just extremely to sing and dance along to. The Thai cover and inspiration goes really well for Berryz Koubou and they did an extremely good job with this sing. This song definitely brings up my spirits and when it comes up during a concert I can’t help but feel a little pumped. It’s all around a really great song that I overplayed over the years.
09. Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai (2013 ver) – Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai is also one of my most favorite Berryz Koubou singles ever and I’m glad that they just re-recored this nostalgic song instead of full out new arrangements like what they did with C-ute. I always really enjoy listening to this song and it’s kinda cooler to hear the improved vocals of the girls in this song after all these years.
10. Momochi! Yurushite Nyan Taisou (Yurusanyan Remix) – The last song on the album is a remix of Momoko’s song from cha cha SING’s b-side titled “Momochi! Yurushite Nyan Taisou” I didn’t really know what to expect hear from a remix of this song but it’s surprising really fun to listen to. It’s definitely more like a “what the snap?” song but I find it to be really fun still, it’s a song I can certainly jam because it’s a bit strange but still extremely fun.
I wasn’t really sure what to expect with hearing a Berryz Koubou album since the albums I only listen to is Morning Musume’s and S/mileage’s. Most of these songs were really new to me but I ended up really loving all of them, and I’m pretty happy that I decided to go with this album for my first Berryz Koubou album.
I would really recommend this album to anyone whose in a mood to listen to a H!P album but not sure which one to listen to. I would give this album a 9 / 10. I find it to be really good and I felt really happy while listening to this album today. This definitely makes me want to buy more Berryz Koubou albums, maybe in the near future though.
I hope you liked my little album review. Bye bye~